Circum Minerals Limited is a private company developing the Danakil Potash Project in northeastern Ethiopia. With a mineral resource of 4.9 billion tonnes at 18.1% KCl (potassium chloride) and seismic data suggesting an overall resource size of 12 to 14 billion tonnes of potash-bearing salt beds, the Danakil Project is one of the world’s largest undeveloped potash resources.
At full production, Circum will produce 1.5 million tonnes per annum of Sulphate of Potash (SOP, a chloride free premium potash product) as well as 2 million tonnes per annum of Muriate of Potash (MOP, the most common form of potash fertilizer). Danakil will utilise low cost, low risk solution mining and solar evaporation with cash costs projected to be among the lowest in the potash industry.
- Extensive resources in excess of 100 years' life
- Production plan for 1.5 Mtpa SOP and 2Mtpa MOP
- Trial mining completed
- Excellent quality SOP and MOP products
- Infrastructure development in progress
- Water resources identified
- Modular mine development enables flexibility
- Cash costs among the lowest in the world
- Favourable location to markets in India, Asia, China and Africa